Light, fluffy, and a delicate taste of green tea… these cake-like pancakes are an adaptation of a matcha latte with creamy coconut milk!
Makes 5-7 medium sized pancakes.
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Coconut Syrup: 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp matcha powder, 1 tbsp corn starch
- In a small bowl, combine and whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour in the soy milk + apple cider mixture, apple sauce, and butter. Whisk well until there are no remaining lumps.
- Coat your frying pan with oil and pour the batter on the heated pan; Flip when you see bubbles.
- Coconut Syrup: In a separate small pot, prepare the coconut syrup by combining the coconut milk, maple syrup, and matcha powder. Whisk well over medium-heat for a couple of minutes. Add in the cornstarch and whisk continuously until the syrup starts to boil and thicken. Serve right away
Served warm and drizzled with our delightful coconut syrup, these pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert!