Pumpkin, spice, and everything nice- all baked into a protein-rich scone! Delicately sweetened, packed with pumpkin flavour, and spiced with cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg… These scones are like taking a bite into a Pumpkin Spiced Latte!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 scoop vegan protein (preferably vanilla flavoured)
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Spiced Pumpkin Glaze: 2 tbsp powdered sugar, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of cloves, pinch of nutmeg, 1 tsp pumpkin puree, and 1 tbsp almond milk
Makes 6 scones
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour and vegan butter. Mix with hands until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour in the almond milk and pumpkin puree and mix the ingredients into a dough.
- Knead the dough until everything is combined well.
- On a large flat surface, roll out the dough into a circular shape. Place a sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough to about 1/2″ with a rolling pin.
- Slice the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Place the scone slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Prepare the Spiced Pumpkin Glaze: combine all the ingredients and whisk together.
- Once the scones are baked, let them cool for about 10 minutes and drizzle with the glaze.
These tasty, protein-rich treats are perfect for a crisp Fall morning with fresh coffee.