S’mores are a classic example of an indulgent dessert. Now imagine this: warm, delicious French toast made with fluffy marshmallows, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate, drizzled with maple syrup, and sprinkled with graham crackers: *and* then… Waffle-ized! This is an exciting twist on S’mores French toast. So simple and so over-the-top irresistible!
Makes 1 large shareable waffle
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup ice cold water + 2 Tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 1/2 cup almond mlk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 vegan graham crackers (we used the GF Kinnikinnick Graham Crackers- which no longer contain honey!)
- 3/4 cup vegan mini marshmallows (we used Dandies’ Mini Marshmallows)
- 1.5 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cut up the bread slices into 1/2-inch squares.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the vegan ‘egg’ mixture (ice cold water and Vegan Egg powder).
- After whisking the ‘egg’, add in the almond milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in the same bowl. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
- Crush up 2 vegan graham crackers. We placed them into a small sealed bag and crushed them using a wooden rolling pin.
- In a larger sized mixing bowl, toss in the bread pieces, marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and vegan ‘egg’ mixture. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Grease your waffle iron (we used a coconut oil spray). Slowly and carefully, add on the combined ingredients.
- Close the waffle iron and cook 5-10 minutes (varies on each appliance). You will notice the chocolate starts to melt and the marshmallows will ooze out.
- Gently take out the waffle and place it on a plate.
For a tastier waffled s’mores experience: top with marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and maple syrup! Ooey gooey goodness on the inside and out 😉