Eating these soft-baked, chewy, delicious cookies is like taking a bite out of a sprinkle-filled cake: *and* they’re packed with protein (19g per cookie, to be exact)!
Makes 4 large protein cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 60 grams (2 scoops) vegan vanilla protein (we used Leanfit CompleteGreen Protein)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 corn starch egg (1 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp water)
- 4 tsp melted vegan butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 4 tsp sprinkles + 2 tsp sprinkles to top (or less, if you choose )
- Combine flour, vital wheat gluten, protein, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the almond milk, corn starch egg, vegan butter, vanilla extract, and molasses. Mix with a spatula until the dough is workable with hands.
- After mixing the dough, add in 4 tsp of sprinkles and continue kneading the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, flatten, and round (into cookie shapes). Place on the baking sheet.
- Using your finger, dab and wet each cookie top with water.
- Place (and partially press in) 1/2 tsp of sprinkles onto each cookie.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. You can now preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes- and enjoy!
These tasty, protein-rich cookies are out-of-this-world-delicious!! Soft, crumbly, and covered in sprinkles: beware, these go quickly ;).
Each cookie is very satiable and can serve one or two people.