Caramel and Espresso come together to make the ultimate, decadent combination! These soft-baked, chewy cookies (with a hint of espresso) drizzled with a coconut-based caramel make an exquisite treat.
Makes 20 coffee cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup prepared espresso
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vegan Caramel
- Combine all the ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place rounded tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel on each cookie (to your liking). You can find our recipe here.
Paired with a glass of almond milk (or a scoop of coconut ice-cream), these rich-flavored cookies are out-of-this-world!