Peanut Butter + Jelly = one of the most delectable combinations you can eat together! Better yet, they taste amazing in cookie form (with a hint of banana)! These chewy cookies will melt in your mouth and they pair up well with a tall glass of chilled almond milk 😉
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of melted vegan butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 1 medium-sized mashed banana
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- your favorite jam (you will need about 1 tsp per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside (you will probably need to prepare 2 trays to avoid crowding the cookies).
- Pour in the vegan butter, maple syrup, peanut butter and mashed banana into a mixing bowl. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Blend the wet ingredients on medium-speed with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet batter and mix. Add the remaining dry mix and combine thoroughly (a wooden spoon works best, but we used a sturdy spatula).
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto the parchment paper. There should be around 18-20 cookies with a leftover handful of batter (you will need this later).
- Using your thumbs, create wells into each cookie.
- Drop a teaspoon of jam into each cookie. Create a thin layer of cookie (from the remaining batter) until you have covered each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for around 20-24 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 5-10 minutes and voila!
Chewy, peanut-buttery cookies with a hint of banana!