Fresh homemade ricotta: while being around an Italian family, creating this dairy-free ricotta was a phenomenal addition to our meals! This delicate-tasting cheese topping can be served on both savory or sweet dishes.
Makes about 2 cups of Ricotta
- 2 cups soaked cashews (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed before using)
- 320 grams of Firm Tofu (about 1 package) *we had the best tasting results using the Whole Foods 365 Organic brand!*
- 1.5 tsp vegan parmesan
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- For about 1 minute, blend on a Low speed to combine everything well.
- Change the speed to High until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- You can serve it right away or chill it in the fridge for a few hours before using. Once covered, the tofu ricotta can stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Veganized Ricotta: Buon Appetito!