Made with a coconut milk base, this decadent recipe is fast, simple, and flavorful!
Use this exquisite dairy-free recipe to drizzle over vegan cheesecakes, cookies, pies, fruits, ice creams… or pretty much anything!
Makes about 1.5 cups of caramel sauce.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (scoop the top part of a chilled [overnight] can of high fat Coconut Milk)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut milk (from the bottom of the same can)
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut mixture (the scooped, thickened part on the top of the can, along with the coconut milk). Mix until the ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Whisk together over medium-low heat until all the sugar dissolves (approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and place the sauce into a bowl/glass container . Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the leftovers. The caramel thickens as it cools. Reheat it in a sauce pan if necessary.
Tip: You can lay out parchment paper with teaspoon drops of caramel. Leave it in the fridge overnight and you’ll have mini caramel chews 😉
Rich, sweet, and enticing- this delightful dairy-free recipe tastes exactly like caramel!